THE INTEREST OF ANIMALS FIRST
For Van Gils, the importance of animal welfare is paramount in selecting suppliers. Our manufacturers must ensure good living environments for the animals, breeding sheep, for example, must be done in an ethical manner. It is important for Van Gils that the suppliers are fully aware of the entire process, from farm to usable wire.
In addition, Van Gils strives for farmers to comply with the "5 fundamental freedoms of animal welfare":
- Freedom from hunger and thirst: access to fresh water and thirst to maintain health and strength.
- Freedom from discomfort: ensuring a suitable living environment, including shelter and a comfortable rest area
- Freedom from pain, injury or illness
- Freedom to express normal behavior
- Freedom from fear and stress
From the spring / summer 2020 collection, the basic sweaters, cardigans and polos within Van Gils belong to The Green Stitch collection. The basic knitted clothing is the sheep's wool used on a non museling. In an alternative and animal-friendly way, it is ensured that the blowfly cannot settle. More information about museling? Read it here.
Also, within the total collection, no use is made of:
- Exotic skins such as snakeskin