Men's clothing: finding your size
At vangils.eu you can easily and quickly shop for a completely new business or casual look. Don't know your size? Measuring is knowing. Take a tape measure and take a look at our menswear size charts, per category. For a perfectly cut suit, shirt or trousers, you can make an appointment with a Traveling Tailor.
Tips for finding your size:
- Stand upright, in a relaxed position
- Do not hold your breath
- Do not pull the tape measure too tightly
- Do not measure over your clothes, but directly on the skin
- Have your measurements measured by someone else
- Are you in between sizes? Then choose the larger size
Ready-made, quarter & length sizes
In the Van Gils men's wear size charts, we distinguish among regular, long and wide. The regular sizes are standard clothing sizes. Under the heading 'wide' you will find the quarter sizes that are intended for the somewhat small, sturdy man. Are you tall? Then choose the length sizes.
Fit: slim fit, tailored fit, regular fit and shaped fit
In addition to the size, the fit is also important. Which fit suits you best will depend on your build. At Van Gils we distinguish among four fits:
- Regular fit: the name says it all, regular fit means that the item is not fitted. A comfortable fit for the more sturdy man.
- Tailored fit: an elegant fit with a light waistline. A tailor-fitted dress shirt is perfect for an everyday business look.
- Slim fit: slim men should go for a slim-fitted suit and/or shirt that is tailored to accentuate a slim build.
- Shaped fit: this extra-tailored fit is ideal for (tall) slim men.
In the product details, you will see which type of fit each product has.